Are you familiar with the fact that consuming a whole head of garlic a day can do miracles for your body? Garlic – a simple ingredient with incredible health benefits. It normalizes your gut flora and stimulates the immune system. Many people use garlic as their first aid choice whether from getting sick or use it just as a preventive measure. Nobody ever questions the powers of garlic, because garlic is a powerful natural antibiotic. It Does Really Work! It can kill a large amount of different bacteria. Garlic is widely used in traditional and folk medicine for the treatment of many ailments and diseases. The cultivation of garlic started approximately 5 thousand years ago. It was used by the Egyptians, Arabs, Greeks, Romans, Assyrians, Jews and many other cultures. “The king of spices” is how Pythagoras called garlic. There is fact that garlic was an important part of the daily diet of the Egyptians, from the earliest known references like the Egyptian manuscript from that period which includes 800 types of drugs, of which garlic was included in 22 of them.
Did you know that consuming garlic on an empty stomach is actually really effective in treating and preventing many ailments and diseases?
Garlic: Nature’s Original Remedy
Garlic has more than 400 different mineral components like, many antioxidants which have a great number of positive therapeutic properties.
10 Amazing Health Benefits of Garlic
- Garlic kills a great number of various bacteria.
- Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties and lowers blood pressure.
- Garlic prevents clogging and aging of both peripheral and major arteries.
- Garlic helps kill the cells of the malignant brain tumor – multiform glioblastoma.
- Garlic also acts as an anticoagulant, which thins the blood and prevents the formation of dangerous blood clots, helping to reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
- Garlic is an effective remedy for colds and a natural antibiotic.
- Garlic reduces the synthesis of triglycerides in the liver which help prevent the development of atherosclerosis, thus helping protect against heart disease.
- Garlic’s healing properties help reduce the level of bad cholesterol in the blood.
- It is very important to know that garlic increases the body’s ability to withstand the harmful influences of the environment, because it strengthens the immune system.
- It is recommended to use garlic for disorders of the nervous system.
Scientists have found that when garlic is consumed on an empty stomach, it will only boost its power, making it an extremely powerful natural antibiotic. This process happens because bacteria is revealed and cannot defend itself from the enormous power of the garlic.
Instead of Antibiotics Use Garlic
Garlic is made of nitrogenous substances, potassium, silicon, phosphoric acid, vitamin C, D, B, sodium, essential oils, selenium, calcium, magnesium, sulfuric, phytosterols and extractives. Also, garlic is rich in allicin, a phytoncide which is formed by the mechanical destruction of plants, which is – grinding or crushing cloves of garlic. Allicin has a strong bacteriostatic effect, according to some researchers, which helps cure infections much faster. Garlic can also fight fungal infections, which makes garlic a much more valuable and powerful medicine than any of today’s pharmacy antibiotics.
Garlic as Alternative Medicine
As an alternative medicine, garlic is known for its detoxifying effects. Experts in this field claim that garlic is quite powerful that it can actually help eliminate worms and parasites, as well as prevent health problems such as diabetes, typhus, certain types of cancer, and depression.
There are two things that those with garlic allergy should keep in mind: avoid eating it raw, and if your skin breaks into rashes, your head starts to ache, or there is an increase in your temperature, to stop eating it immediately. There are studies that show garlic can cause side effects to those who are taking medication for AIDS/HIV. This is why you need to be cautious before you eat garlic.
If you can’t stand the strong aroma of garlic to the point that you can no longer eat it, you shouldn’t just stop consuming it because of that. You can still take it as supplement in the form of pills.
Additional Benefits of Garlic
- Garlic can treat respiratory problems. It has been found to help prevent and treat pneumonia, bronchitis, lung congestion, whooping cough, tuberculosis, catarrhs, chronic bronchial catarrhs, and asthma.
- Tuberculosis treatment: You should consume an entire garlic bulb in a day. You can divide the garlic into various portions so you can eat it in any way you like. It’s recommended to eat it raw or at least slightly browned in the oven. You can also create a sauce using oil and egg yolk. At this point, you shouldn’t boil the liquid because it will eliminate garlic’s medicinal properties.
- For bronchial diseases: Create your own infusion where you need 700 grams of refined sugar, 1000 grams of water, and 200 grams of garlic. Boil the water first with the garlic and add sugar. Take 3 tablespoons of this infusion every day.
- For chronic bronchitis: Prepare your own garlic extract. You will need 100 grams of 90 proof alcohol, 40 grams of garlic (well washed) and cut into tiny pieces, and a bottle with good cap. Combine the ingredients in the bottle and let the garlic soak for five to six days before straining. It is recommended that you drink a cup of it every day. This infusion can last a long time.
- Asthma and catarrhs: The same preparation can be done where you only need drink 15 to 30 drops of it in a hot water. Add mint extract to minimize the overpowering aroma of garlic. However, this can affect the healing powers of garlic.
- Garlic can be applied externally such as in poultice form over your abdomen to help fight colds. You can also apply to animal stings. Warts can be treated using garlic where they will fall off easily and without pain. Some place a little bit of garlic on their tooth that hurts to cure it.
- Garlic is also useful in treating earaches, hemorrhoids, and constipation. For hemorrhoids and constipation, you need to boil water first then add a good amount of garlic. Put your fresh infusion in a container where you can inhale the vapors until the water cools down. To treat earaches, simply get a bit of juice from a garlic clove and put 1 to 2 drops in your ear.
Keep in mind that there are plenty of benefits to be gained from eating garlic regularly. You can actually make your life healthier if you add garlic to your daily diet.