- 3 English cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 4 packs Splenda (or sugar equivalent)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup diced red onion
- In a large colander, sprinkle the cucumbers with salt.
- Allow the cucumbers to sit with the salt so that the juices drain.
- After about 1 hour, simmer the vinegar, water, Splenda and crushed red pepper in a small saucepan.
- Reduce the liquid to ⅔ cup and remove from heat.
- Add onions to vinegar mixture before pouring over the cucumbers.
- Refrigerate before serving for a minimum of 30 minutes.